A urinary tract infection, the term itself is self explanatory. This infection affects the excretory system of the human body i.e. the kidney, ureters, urinary bladder and the urethra. The bacterium responsible for UTI is Escherichia coli popularly known as E.coli. This bacterium is generally located in the colon and around the anal area. The incorrect way of cleaning, wiping and sexual intercourse are the most prominent causes of this problem. Moreover the best part of this infection is, it is not contagious. Some symptoms of UTI are burning, irritation and inflammation during urination, pain in the lower abdominal region, mild fever andchill with malaise.
Here are some helpful natural remedies for UTI given here under
- Baking Soda- This miraculous substance can treat any problem from heartburn to UTI. It is an alkaline substance that neutralizes or lessens the acidity of urine. The baking soda helps ease the discomfort of burning sensation.
Dissolve baking soda in water; consume the whole glass of solution early in the morning. Do not continue it for more than a week, since baking soda is high in sodium.
- Parsley Water-The parsley water is diuretic relieves the UTI and speed up the healing process. Diuretics increase the amount of sodium the kidneys excrete in urine.
1 cup of fresh parsley / 2 tablespoons of dried parsley
1-2 cup of water
Boil water add the parsley. Put it on simmer let the leaves infuse the water for 6-10 min. Strain and drink hot water.
- Chew Celery Seeds- Celery seeds are diuretic. It increases the production of urine. The seeds can either be chewed or its decoction can also be taken.
- Cucumber- Its high water content makes it easy to get extra fluid through the system when it is hard to drink enough water.
- Cut short the 4C’s-Chocolate, citrus, carbonation and caffeine should be strictly avoided during UTI. It irritates the bladder lining and makes the bacteria to adhere. Citrus will make the urine acidic which will result in painful pee.
By maintaining the proper hygiene and taking diet rich in water content one can cure UTI’s naturally without the need of any kind of antibiotic doses.